- Unit blocking implemented
- Full damage patterns implemented
- Rewards from despatching enemy units are now awarded
- Units earn skill points and can be promoted in rank
- Unit information dialog partially implemented
- Random spawns implemented
- Additional unit animations added
- Some messages between client and server were getting lost causing gold to go negative on busy sessions; messaging now uses TCP
- Asset file size limit reached in Unity; asset holder scenes implemented as a workaround until the new version of Unity is released without this limitation
- The promotion dialog does not exactly mirror the original version, largely because there are no examples of it on YouTube. This version does, however, do the job and allows the process to be tested.
- Several mission types not yet completed, e.g. Arena defense layout
- On applicable maps, assistance icons are now visible on some buildings. This is a work-in-progress and they are not fully functional yet.
- Quite a lot of animations are still missing, they will appear in time.
What’s coming next?
- A smaller update this time, ability research is next on the list, plus a few more animations.
New road tiles – these have always been there but as the graphics were not in place the game just ignored them. I added another block of graphics, so now the game is able to place them. This causes a problem with overlap, generally meaning that neither of the occupants of that tile can be moved.
Previous versions of the client will not work with the new server.
Some of the above changes may cause problems with existing accounts.